Adrega PI P6 reporting tool provides a bridge between Adrega PI and Oracle Primavera® P6, giving companies a fully integrated project planning, scheduling and reporting solution that ensures data shared between systems retains its integrity. The Adrega PI P6 reporting tool is an affordable system that adds significant reporting capabilities to a Primavera P6 solution.
As many users of Primavera P6® are aware, the P6 native reporting solution has numerous limitations. Not only are there issues with the flexibility of the reporting functionality, but the management of multi users, global and project access rights, and not least support for multi-cut-off dates (last Sunday of the month, second Friday of the month and bi-weekly) all contrive to make reporting a complicated, time consuming and frustrating process.
For users providing specific reports to clients, complying with these requirements is a time-consuming exercise. This has forced the development of ad-hoc reporting solutions (primarily built around Excel) that require the regular export of data from P6, with a lot of additional configuration in Excel to format data correctly. Such spreadsheets are often owned by each user, and when they leave the project or the company, the reporting solution also leaves with them.
The status quo of relying on excel to generate reports is time consuming and tedious. Not only do you have to consolidate the data sent from multiple job sites or projects but you also have to dress it up to make it presentable for your executives.
The Adrega PI Solution
As Adrega has built in support for all of the aforementioned reporting needs, plus many other equally needed features, we came to the conclusion that if we could support the import of P6 projects, we would be able to offer P6 users a reporting solution that would:
- Dramatically reduce time spent creating reports
- Consolidate reporting into a single professionally supported solution
- Improve the quality and consistency of reporting
- Provide a range of reporting options that were not available within Primavera P6
- Support a centralised reporting solution available through a web browser on a company wide basis
- Users with different roles would have instant access to Adrega’s reporting module without the need for reorganising access rights in each P6 project
- Provide clients and internal management with a wide range of reports that supported the reporting requirements for industry specific projects
- Support other market segments that required similar reports
So how does Adrega PI work?
Adrega PI works by importing Primavera P6 projects, which then allows you to:
- Provide a range of reporting options that are not available within Primavera P6
- Dramatically reduce the time spent creating reports
- Improve the quality and consistency of reporting across projects
- Build up a history of the project’s period-by-period progress in the Adrega PI database
- Users with different roles can have instant access to Adrega’s Reporting module without the need for reorganizing access rights in each Primavera P6 project
- Provide clients and internal management with a wide range of reports
A Wide Selection of Standard Report Formats
- Adrega PI provides as suite of 15 standard report formats that include:
- Gantt chart; 7 Graphical (Project/Activity, Resource, Capacity, Other Resource Types, Trend and Pie);
- 5 Tabular (Project/Activity Information, Project Performance, Time Phased Project and Resources
Supporting Earned Value Management
Adrega PI’s historical time phased capability augments your Primavera P6 investment with respect to earned value reporting. With time phase data, S-Curves and current period/cumulative reports at your fingertips, earned value reporting and trend analysis becomes much more feasible with Primavera P6.
Create Collections of Reports
Report Bundles is another feature that simplifies and speeds up the process of running the same reports against specific projects at each reporting period, without the need for project and report template selection at the time when the reports are run. With a single click, you can run a complete set of pre-configured Graphical and Tabular reports for a single project or a program of projects. Everything is pre-configured; no changes to column widths, modifications to headers and footers are required. Report bundles support an unlimited number of projects and associated reports. Finally, you can select PDF or excel as the output format, which allows you to produce a PDF/excel file with only one click.
Present All Reports to Customized Dashboards
Users can go directly to their personal Dashboard and view a predefined report set called a “Dashboard Report Bundle”. There is no need to save status or save the project, as access to the latest project information is automatic. Alternatively, you can open the Reporting Module and, with a few mouse clicks, run all pre-configured reports using predefined report bundle
The Compare View Shows You What Has Changed in Your Project
How often have you heard the questions “How does scenario 1 compare to scenario 2?” or “What’s the effect on float between different scenarios?” Simple questions I am sure you will all agree with me, but how can you view project data easily and visually compare project schedule data of any type between in 2 or even 3 different versions of your project until now has not been easy to do. With the release of Adrega PI v4.5, Adrega is introducing what we believe is a unique feature that is a new option called “Compare” that can be used with Report Bundles.
Reporting in Primavera P6 has just got a whole lot easier with Adrega PI. Contact us IPEC today to learn more about how Adrega PI can solve your Primavera P6 reporting challenges and save you and your team a considerable amount of time.